Do you brew your own beer? Are you a beer enthusiast?
We’d like to meet you! The Scioto, Olentangy and Darby Zymurgists (SODZ) is a club for homebrewers and beer enthusiasts who meet at 7 p.m. on the third Monday of the month from September through May at various sites in Columbus, Ohio. Summer activities include an all-grain brew in June and a picnic in July. Other club events involve visits to local beer bars and brew pubs. Club members can submit and participate in judging beer for the club-only competitions sponsored by the American Homebrewers Association (AHA). A monthly newsletter, The Grain Mill, keeps members informed of club activities and beer events in our region and provides information on homebrewing techniques, event reviews, and recipes.
Join us each month as we:
- Promote the recreational pleasures of being a homebrewer.
- Provide information and tastings of beer styles.
- Provide a forum where fellow homebrewers and enthusiasts can meet and interact.
- Acquire homebrewing information for dissemination to the members.
- Provide programs to increase your beer and brewing knowledge.
- Provide instruction in the art of homebrewing.
Drop by our next meeting. Please be sure to bring a few bottles of your homebrew if you brew!
For further information on SODZ, contact the following officers:
- Ryan Torres, President – email@example.com
- David Curran, Vice President/Program Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alex Aossey, Secretary – email@example.com
- Jim Sudduth, Membership Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rick Doerr, Treasurer – email@example.com
Club bylaws can be found here.
Connect With Us
You can connect with SODZ on Facebook and at our Yahoo group. The Yahoo group acts as our forum and is a place to ask and answer questions.